Why an Estate Sale? Whether you are moving, downsizing, or have experienced the loss of a loved one, leaving the arduous task of liquidating those possessions to an expert team helps relieve some of the pressures of what can be an overwhelming situation. Sandra D. Ziemer, Inc. can provide expert and efficient service that will help you attain the best value with the least inconvenience.
What you can expect: Complete and partial sales of personal property are held on the premises with all items cleaned, attractively displayed and individually tagged. Extensive newspaper advertising, email notifications to individual buyers, and a web page promote your sale prior to the event, while comprehensive signage the day of the sale attracts people from all over!
In some circumstances, an auction may better meet your needs. Sandra D. Ziemer is a licensed auctioneer in the State of New York and has conducted many auctions. We also offer our services for antique consignments, charity, real, and business liquidations.
Free on-site consultations can help you with your decision. Please give us a call and set up an appointment at (716) 741-2120.
How can you protect what you own if you don’t know what it is worth? A written (certified?) appraisal is a legal document as important as a will and is the only way to accurately value and describe the property. A properly prepared appraisal by an accredited appraiser will clarify questions of property value in any circumstances. There are many purposes and uses for an appraisal:
- Insurance: To help establish proper insurance coverage and to provide needed protection in the event of loss.
- Estate Planning: To clarify questions of property value; facilitate disposition of estate tax reporting requirements; assist heirs with distribution of property; assist financial planners and related professionals in establishing client net worth; as a basis for judicious estate planning.
- Property Division: To assist attorneys, mediators and their clients in matters of equitable distribution.
- Related Insurance Matters: To expedite the work of adjusters by properly identifying and valuing property in damage/loss matters to facilitate claim settlements and avoid disputes.
- Donations: To assist the donor in obtaining accurate and documented valuations which meet federal and state requirements, and will be accepted by the Internal Revenue Service
- General Use: To provide professional descriptions of property that assure technical accuracy and appropriate market level valuation for anyone wanting to know what a property is, and what it is worth.
Fees and Contracts
Fees for Appraisals are charged at an hourly, per diem, or by fixed arrangement, at the mutual consent of both parties. Fees usually include on-site inspection, research, a written report, and photos.
Fees for Estate Sales are usually based on a percentage of the gross revenues from the sale and may vary with the scope and circumstances of the property.
Our knowledge is your advantage. We pride ourselves on our knowledge and experience. We also attend seminars and training classes to enhance our professional skills.